Community

Writing About Race – from Oprah Magazine’s Editor in Chief

“Let’s Talk About Race,” a photo essay in the May 2017 O, the Oprah Magazine, was awarded an AWC Clarion Award in 2017 for Magazine Feature Article in an External Publication. The thought-provoking, conversation-starting photo essay flipped the script on ...
Read More
Community

Student Involvement & Leadership: My Story

My family and friends would describe me as a “joiner”. I have been involved with 7 campus organizations and held 6 executive board positions during my 4 years at Illinois State University. I currently serve as the president of the ...
Read More
AWC Profiles

Veterans Voices Writing Project

Veterans’ issues are trending. How do we heal those who have experienced war – heart, mind, and body? How do we solve the problem of veteran suicide? How do we keep veterans from being homeless on the streets? How can ...
Read More
Community

International Women’s Day 2018

Today we celebrate International Women’s Day. I am reminded of an AWC National Conference speech that is especially fitting today because the topic is still trending. UN Women, and Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka were honored with the AWC Matrix Foundation Advancement of Women ...
Read More
Search
JOIN AWC!

If you are passionate for communications, driven toward greatness, motivated to lead, and inspired to elevate the future of the communication industry, join the thousands of women nationwide who have already discovered the benefits of AWC.

Contribute to Trending

Are you an expert in your field with insights to share? Have tips other women can learn from, or want to reflect on a relatable experience? We’d love to hear from you! If you’re interested in contributing a blog piece to Trending, see the Author Guidelines, then email [email protected] for more information.

Scroll to Top