Community Job Listing
We have jobs for you!
We would be happy to share your open job positions with our membership! If you have a job opening that is within the communications field (print and broadcast journalism, television and radio production, film, advertising, public relations, marketing, editing, graphic design, multimedia design, and photography, etc.) please email us the information at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be reviewed and sent to our membership.
As a member of AWC, you have access to the AWC Career Center as well, please visit the national website for a broader search of open positions here.
Communications Consultant II
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma’s Public Relations team is hiring a Communications Consultant II position, based out of OKC or Tulsa, with remote-work capability until full return to office has been implemented.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced communications professional and strong writer with a background in Oklahoma public policy, state agency, regulatory and/or legislative processes and functions.
Full-Time Regular OK - Oklahoma City, OK - Tulsa
This position is responsible for developing and executing a variety of communications to meet the needs of multiple audiences by drafting, editing and supervising the production of communications distributed to various audiences.
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism or Communications OR 6 years communications experience including copy development, editing and print project management in place of degree.
- 3 years corporate communications experience including copy development, editing, and print project management.
- Ability to work under pressure and short time lines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with shifting deadlines simultaneously.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Ability to interact with clients with confidence and adept and comfortable at influencing the decision-making process.
- Willingness to work overtime to meet client requirements.
- Ability to write and edit an array of communications materials for both internal external audiences.
- Organizational, project management and consulting skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Adept at handling all situations with political appropriateness and sensitivity while influencing positive outcomes.
- Highly motivated self starter.
For full job description and to apply CLICK HERE.
- Background in regulatory, public policy, and/or legislative processes and functions.
- Experience in communicating with legislative, public entity and/or state agency audiences.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simplified terms.
- Strong written communication skills, with an emphasis on proper grammar, AP style and writing for business.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, internally and externally.