Clarion Awards: Entry Requirements, Deadlines & Fees
- One Clarion Award is given in each category unless, in the opinion of the judge, no award is merited.
- Communications professionals will evaluate entries for substance, style, originality and achievement of objective.
- AWC reserves the right to move entries between categories.
- More than half of any entry must have been published, broadcasted, or implemented between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2016.
- The competition is open to all: women and men, individuals and organizations, AWC members and nonmembers alike.
- While students may enter any category, AWC now offers a specific student section (#99, 100, 101, 102), where students will be competing against students, not working professionals. You may enter an assignment that was done for a class if it was developed for a client (not as an imaginary text book assignment). Also, as part of the student category, you may enter a project developed for a campus or a community group, or an independent project, such as a work submitted or presented as a speech, screenplay, play, story, media publication or broadcast. Students must be full time in Jr. College, College or University.
Submission of Entries
- All entries should be submitted online and must have the following:
- Entry Form (must be completed in order to submit entry)
- All entry materials described for the individual category
- Entry fee
- Synopsis detailing:
- Budget/cost (all budget information will remain confidential by AWC judges)
- Applicable research
- Evaluation with measurable results
- All additional entry materials described for the individual category. Entries that do not contain all required information as indicated by the individual category requirements will be disqualified and the entry fee will not be returned.
- A list of the uploaded files accompanying the entry. Please note which entry requirement the uploaded file contains.
- Entries that do not contain all required information as indicated by the individual category will be disqualified and entry fee will not be returned. Make sure you test all links and documents before uploading them!
- Multiple entries may be submitted, but each entry must have its own entry form.
- Label your files clearly so judges can easily determine which entry requirement the file represents.
Payment Schedule and Deadlines
Early Bird rate: (Entry forms, materials and fees must be submitted no later than February 27, 2017).
- $70 for Members, $30 for Student members
- $90 for Nonmembers, $45 for Students (nonmembers)
Regular rate: (Entry forms, materials and fees must be submitted no later than April 10, 2017).
- $85 for Members, $30 for Student members
- $120 for Nonmembers, $45 for Students (nonmember)
Multiple entries: (Entry forms, materials and fees must be submitted no later than April 10, 2017).
- 5% discount off applicable fees for 5 or more entries
- 10% discount off applicable fees for 10 or more entries
- 15% discount off applicable fees for 15 or more entries
*Please Note: Once entry/entries have been submitted, payments are non-refundable.
- Credit card payments must include:
- Name on Credit Card
- Credit Card number
- Expiration Date
- Security Code
- Billing Address
- We accept: Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Please make checks payable to: The Association for Women in Communications
How to Contact AWC